Monday, February 28, 2011

Flow

Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person in an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity. Proposed by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, the positive psychology concept has been widely referenced across a variety of fields.
http://dictionary.babylon.com/flow%20(psychology)/

Whilst discussion the wonderful world of distractions we live in (wwodwlin) with a friend today, I was introduced to the above term. Aaaah, flow. What a rare phenomenon you (yes, we will now be referring to Flow as an entity, not to be confused with Aunt Flo) are. Fleeting, infrequent, and beautiful, Flow, you are the runner's high of progress. Flow, you are much like Nanny McPhee.



When I want you, you are no longer there. When I don't want you...well, I suppose that is a moot point because when would I not want you around? (This goes for both Nanny McPhee and Flow)

No comments:

Post a Comment