Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thus Spake Me!

Though its been close to six months since I've read anything by Friedrich Nietszche, something strange has been going on in my thoughts. I first noticed the peculiar new tick developing about two weeks ago. The tick is as follows: whenever I make any declaration, verbal or non, said declaration is followed by me thinking "THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA" with a booming, mental voice.

I don't know why, but for some reason punctuating my statements with that phrase seems to add a fresh, new validity to my existence. After all, saying "I need ranch dip with my broccoli" is a pretty mundane statement, but if it voiced from the lips of the alter-ego of one of the greatest minds to ever develop and speak through an alter ego, suddenly its a little more exciting. Even if I am just playing pretend. After all, that's what I do best. And I shall continue doing it until the day I die. Or maybe just until I get some ranch for my broccoli. THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA!

No comments:

Post a Comment