Friday, November 25, 2011

Celibacy in the City: The Disappointed

One of the greatest bands of the 80s (and overall, in my opinion) XTC summed up my love life in their song The Disappointed. One of the most disheartening aspects of a failed relationship is the disappointment...complete and utter disappointment. Disappointment in myself for failing to keep him interested, disappointed in him for being so typical, disappointment that once again things have not worked out to the full of their potential.

Once again, I have been disappointed. Such is life and I worry that mine is a life that will be a cylindrical whirl of one let down after another. Optimism is getting more and more difficult to maintain or even feign. I feel myself slipping into cynicism, one jaded moment at a time.

Take it away, XTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment